Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Life is not blind


Darkness is all I have known,
Brightness is something I perceive.

Shut are the doors of my vision,
Open - a journey so forlorn.

My soul yearns from within,
In search it keeps wandering.

He stumbles then rises,
Endures never forsaking.

Unaware am I,
Of the colour of my skin, my hair, my blood.
They say it's white, black and red,
Alas.... pitied by their vibes,
They pity my existence.

Echoes of difference,
I use, to judge every instance.
My senses are unyielding,
My soul pursues and keeps moving.

Humbled and obliged,
Praises to my being,
I know where I am heading,
My soul takes me along.

Meek are those many,
Who quest for their harbor,
Brave is my soul not weary,
It knows what to discover..

I am blind for that's what they say,
I seek, beseech and search,
My soul finds the key to my destiny,
My life is not blind,
For I can see my victory,
It lies in the luminosity.......

Not to be held, Never to withhold,
Need no eyes to feel the bliss,
Fighting the adversaries,

I strive to live long,

With eyes to see, With colours to dignify,
Why do you fall and give up? 
Why do you live to die?

13 comments:

  1. nice one.... my favorite: " My life is not blind,
    For I can see my victory,It lies in the luminosity".
    something is wrong with ur blog's rendering... or is it on purpose?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John....
      There was some problem with the previous theme.
      Hope its fine now?

      Thanks for going through my post and for your comment...

      Delete
  2. It reminds me of the song, I am Colorblind.

    Powerful poetry and I liked the way you visually impacted the readers with different font colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks saru.... You love poetry if I am not mistaken. Have been to your blog. Thank you so much for going thru thus poem...
    And yes I will hear the song " I am colorblind"....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you write great poems too... very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thank you so much sriram......

      Delete
    2. Anytime Chindu. Hope you liked the rest of my story.

      Delete
  5. Nice poetry. The starting was excellent "Darkness is all I have known"....

    On another note, Just saw a few foreigners in my flight in the morning and one of them was blind. Felt so sad about it.

    Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much....
      It is seriously a cruel fate to be born without eyes. Blind people have so many desires, and the biggest among them is the desire to see.
      Thanks for going thru my post

      Delete
  6. Wonderful!

    Words that cause pain but at the same time beg for empathy from those of us who are blessed with sight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jayadev. So true, I wanted to make a point thru this poem. Happy that my thoughts wee well conveyed.

      Delete